Thursday, August 27, 2009

SAN JUAN DEL SUR

Im alive and well and all is fantastic in Nicaragua. After a late night of partying at D&N for the last reggae night of the season, I hopped into an old toyota pickup truck with Sunny, Nano, Bianca & Matteo and we drove all day to San Juan Del Sur. Crossing the border was not bad at all! The drive was long (because i was super hungover) but beautiful. I bought my first surf board the day before I left and Im LOVING IT. Its an Al Merrick 7´8 funboard - and Im really starting to get the hang of surfing.

We went to Playa Madera for our first morning and saw a shark... which was super scary. Then we went to Playa Romanzo in the afternoon- the waves werent great but it was one of the best sunsets ive ever seen. This morning we went to Playa Yankee today and Bianca watched a shark swim under her board. I felt it nudge mine ... out of control. Luckily there are a lot of fish in the water so there isnt as much of a chance that we will be eaten. Hopefully.

This afternoon we are off to Playa Madera- and tomorrow who knows. Bianca and I are trying to decide whats next for us- we are thinking Tamarindo.

Life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment