Thursday, August 6, 2009

Perritos

The dogs in costa rica are out of control. They travel in packs and are of all shapes and sizes. Most of them have been left by tourists who decided to have a pet while in costa rica, but abandoned them when they left to go home. There are 1.2 million homeless dogs in costa rica- a country with only 5 million citizens. A lot of people told me that I wouldnt like the way the dogs live out here, but honestly i dont really mind. Sometimes its sad, but for the most part the dogs appear to be happy - in a lord of the flies sense of things.

The dogs eat whatever they want, go wherever they want and run along the beach all day long. Everyone feeds the perritos- and in Santa Teresa I have yet to see an insanely immaciated pup. But they do exist in San Jose- there are so many dogs that are way too skinny.

My favorite dog had a ridiculous underbite- so bad that it looked like it had a retarded smile. Some guys in Fortuna told me that if i took the ¨perro que siempre esta feliz, todo del año¨ that they would pay me $100. Hahahah.

No comments:

Post a Comment