Thursday, August 20, 2009

So many things!

Today is day number 23 in Santa Teresa, Costa Rica. Its SO MUCH FUN- im really finding it impossible to leave. But im heading to Nicaragua in 4 days with my friends Mariano and Bianca for a visa run. We are going to head up to San Juan Del Sur ' which is a big surf town that is supposed to be lots of fun- and then over to Granada near Lago Del Nicaragua- which is the only lake in the world with freshwater sharks!

Im probably going to spend 7-10 days in Nicaragua and then ill head back to Santa Teresa. Then i have to make a major decision- whether to work for a free place to stay in Santa Teresa for the off season or head over to Panama. There are these three awesome chicks from Argentina- Caro, Pilar and Angie- that are heading up to the Carribean coast and then over to Bocas del Toro in Panama. So, big decisions- but im looking to Nicaragua to help me make my decision.

There are so many amazing things about Santa Teresa. The beach is out of control amazing. Its the most beautiful beach i have ever seen in my life. There is only one dirt road through the entire town- so if you dont want to see someone, you are bound to see them like 5 times per day. But its a charming small town with a kickass night life and ive met so many fun people- I even like the local rastas. They are sweet, but they are thieves. Ive only been robbed once, but that was at night when I was walking alone. I DID catch up to the guy and throw him into a wall, but he ran away into the night with my purse. The only things im sad that i lost were my headlamp and knife.

I just finished Shantaram- which is an amazing book and I would highly recommend it. My good friend Antonio is leaving Santa Teresa in 2 days, he has been here for nine weeks.

Lots to tell- but its getting dark and i dont need to be traveling by myself after dark!

Pura Vida kiddos.

No comments:

Post a Comment