Sunday, July 26, 2009

Montezuma

I ran into Max at a bus stop in Paquera yesterday. I saw maestra- his dog, from his facebook pics and looked up to see a giant floppy blonde head of hair getting out of a car. I love the way the world works. Im probably going back to Santa Teresa for my birthday- Max was leaving to go stay in the same hostel I had just left. Oh well, onward and upward.

Zuhayer and I are staying at a house for 10 dollars a night. Its amazing. We are on the second floor of a giant house and we have a huge balcony and 3 beds. Its unreal what you can find in CR for $10 per night. We are staying with a family, Christian Aliana and their son Caleb. Caleb is 10 years old and works in the yard with his dad during the day- unless he sees a soccer ball and then he immediatly runs off to play. Christian came out with Zuhayr and myself to Coco Loco- the only bar in town that's open on a saturday night. It was a completely different vibe from Santa Teresa- spring breakers everywhere. Techno music.... ugh. But it IS beautiful here and for the first time in a while - i was able to spend the entire day today by myself.

Its exhausting meeting new people day after day, and then leaving the amazing connections that you make. Im always sad to leave my friends- the germans (chris and elena) were unable to make it to Montezuma because they are trying to get a new Visa to China- they are hoping to make it to Tibet. Nadia-from Amsterdam- couldnt make it either. But i promised to come visit her one day. I mean come on, its AMSTERDAM.

Its easy for me to meet people- Zuhayer and I have a daily contest to see who can pick up more people. We are about even. Except Zuhayer can only usually pick up chicks and it takes minimal effort for me to meet a guy. Or several.

Today felt like the first day that I just sat on my ass and didnt talk to anyone- just enjoyed the amazing view.

Weed and cocaine are very easy to encounter in Montezuma. Its a hippy town with a rasta vibe- but there are a lot of colombians that frequent the area. Zuhayer and I are going to go check out a couple of waterfalls nearby. I contemplated going snorkeling- but $35 was a little out of my price range. I got home from the bars last night and ate a can of sweet corn- times are tough. Zuhayer ate the entire inside of our loaf of bread. Jerk. :)

That is all.

No comments:

Post a Comment