Thursday, July 30, 2009

HORRAY FOR BIRTHDAYS!

ROAAAAAR - sorry, that was my inner leo saying "whaaatt upppp its all about me today". No seriously, today is going to be another wonderful day. The big 25, so far, so good. Zuma and I (yes, i renamed him zuma- and i also gave him his acting name- Zuma Davis) woke up to Eliana yelling "gallo pinto!! gallo pinto! wake up you lazy people!". I immediately smiled and got up. I didnt even try to snooze.

Eliana, Christian and Caleb- the family that we are staying with, are all such wonderful people. Eliana and Christian have helped me improve my spanish so much and every night we all hang out as a family. And their cat, Magic, eats a ton of bugs. I love the ticos- they are so kind, if you stop and get to know them- you will be amazed by their kindness. When you ask for directions, most of the time a tico will just stop what they are doing and walk the 3 blocks with you to wherever you need to go. So different from the USA- or any metropolitan area for that matter. Eliana made us a huge breakfast, and we all sat and ate and laughed and talked- i realized that what i like best about montezuma is that i have been living in a HOME. In hostels- you can party, do whatever you want- scream into the night, no one cares. In la casa de Ramon- ( i think thats what its called) theres a routine, Caleb gets up for school around 6am. Christian and Elena spend all day working around the house, which is a lot of work- its a HUGE house. It makes me realize that one day I want a home and a routine- but for now, i will just have to spend time with people who will take me in and allow me to be part of their life.

Today, I go back to Santa Teresa. Tomorrow- I will go to Bocas Del Toro- in Panama. Its the surfers world cup in Jaco, which is only an hour away- but today, its all about seeing my ole pals. Its funny how the people you meet a week ago become the friends you feel like you know the best out here.

I had a huge smile on my face when I checked facebook today- so many friends that i miss. So, this song is for yall.


"So, so you think you can tell,
heaven from hell,
blue skies from pain,
can you tell a green field
from a cold steel rail?
a smile from a veil?
do you think you can tell??????

and did they get you to trade your heroes from ghosts?
hot ashes from trees?
hot air for a cool breeze?
cold comfort for change?
and did you exchange
a walk on part in the war for a lead role in a cage?

how i wish, how i wish you were here,
we're just 2 lost souls swimming in a fish bowl,
year after year,
running over the same old ground
what have we found?
the same old fears...

Wish you were here"

-PINK FLOYD

1 comment:

  1. Thinking of you birthday girl!!!! Hope you had had a great one!

    ReplyDelete